There are a few levels of membership available to you:
- A Certified Public Accountant under the laws of Massachusetts; or
- A Certified Public Accountant under the laws of another state in the United States.
- Any non-certified professional in the employ of or supervised by a Fellow of the Society, or who holds an interest in a firm practicing public accountancy whose other partners, shareholders and/or members include a Fellow of the Society.
- A teacher regularly engaged in the teaching of accounting as a faculty member of a degree granting institution in Massachusetts; or
- An employee of a Federal, State or local governmental unit in Massachusetts engaged in accounting, auditing or taxation; or
- An Associate of the Society on May 1, 1967.
- Any person passing the CPA Exam.
- A citizen of another country who holds a valid professional certification in an accounting or finance-related profession.
- Any Accounting/Business undergraduate or graduate student
- attending a college or university in Massachusetts;
- or, attending a college or university out-of-state with a permanent address in Massachusetts.
- Any resident of Massachusetts who does not meet the Associate category of membership who
- will apply or is enrolled in a CPA exam review course offering a discount to Society members;
- has applied or is sitting for the CPA exam.
Student Membership will expire once you become eligible for an Associate or Fellow Membership by passing the CPA exam or working in the accounting profession. To comply with Society bylaws and to avoid misrepresentation, you must always refer to yourself as a "Student" member of the MSCPA until you become an Associate or Fellow member.