The Key Person Program promotes the improvement of government by encouraging, stimulating and providing for the opportunity for CPAs to take a more active role in political and governmental activities that affect the Commonwealth of Massachusetts and its citizenry.
The program serves as the backbone of the MSCPA’s advocacy efforts as it ensures that the Society’s pro-CPA agenda is advanced, the integrity of the CPA license is protected, and CPAs are recognized as a political force.
Who is a Key Person?
Key Persons are CPAs who recognize the difference that individuals can make in the legislative process on behalf of the profession, their clients and the public.
Objectives and Duties
- Represent the profession and maintain a personal, constituent relationship with your federal or state legislators based on mutual trust and respect;
- Be prepared to respond to our Call to Action program;
- Let the legislator(s) know that you are available to assist them in any way on accounting issues of interest to them;
- Stay current on state/federal legislative issues;
- Build community understanding and support for the profession and its position on the issues;
- Provide feedback to the Government Relations team that is useful in developing legislative strategy and achieving the MSCPA’s objectives; and
- Report activities of note to the Government Relations Department.
Email Senior Directory of Advocacy Zach Donah to become a Key Person today!
Please log in to sign up for our Key Person program