Howland Capital Management is seeking a tax associate for our investment firm. The preferred candidate must possess excellent analytical and problem solving skills as well as the ability to think creatively and shift gears in a fast paced, demanding environment. The candidate will possess excellent written and verbal communication skills, analytical and problem solving skills as well as the ability to self-motivate and shift gears in a fast paced environment. The candidate must be highly organized and use his/her time efficiently.
Responsibilities will include providing executive level administrative support to the tax department. The candidate will be responsible for, but not limited to:
• Communicating with tax revenue departments and employees on a daily basis either through email, phone or on occasion in person for on-site meetings
• Prepares tax returns including 1040 and 1041 forms
• Consults with company personnel regarding tax matters
• Prepares projections of tax liabilities
• Reviews declarations of estimated tax
This is a temporary position running from January until April.
• Excellent phone presence, verbal and written skills are required
• Able to work under tight deadlines, manage complex schedules and juggle multiple tasks
• Ability to work independently and collaboratively
• Demonstrated organizational skills with great attention to detail
• High energy individual with flexibility and ability to retain calm demeanor under pressure
• Proficiency in MS Office products is required (Word, Outlook, Excel)
• Experience with any of the following is a plus: CCH Axcess, Sungard Addvantage, Tamarac, Microsoft Dynamics CRM, QuickBooks
• Prior experience in any of the following services is a plus: financial services company, accounting, tax, or customer service.
Howland Capital Management
75 Federal Street, Suite 1100
Boston, Massachusetts 02110
Posted on November 29, 2018