Thursday, Oct 17, 2019
8:45am – 4:30pm
The construction industry comes with many advanced accounting issues, audit procedures, and tax issues, which makes construction contractor engagements inherently higher risk than other engagements. As a result, practitioners and financial professionals should be prepared to address difficult issues such as lookback calculations, measuring progress of contracts, overhead allocations, and internal controls for construction contractors. Learn about some of the most pervasive issues in the construction industry and how to identify and manage the risks inherent with construction contractor engagements.
This seminar qualifies for the Workforce Training Express Fund program. The course code for this program is 1121298 Click here for more details: https://www.mscpaonline.org/cpe/training_fund
Learning Objectives When you complete this course you will be able to:
- Apply accounting and financial reporting standards to complex situations involving construction contractors.
- Evaluate and perform audit processes to avoid common deficiencies in construction engagements.
- Identify tax compliance issues unique to the construction industry.
- Contractor internal controls
- Fraud and the contractor
- Joint venture accounting
- Contractor's benchmarks
- Cash management for the contractor
- Construction cost allocations
- Assisting the financially troubled contractor
- Audit risks
- Deferred income taxes
- Tax planning and AMT