Wednesday, Jul 24, 2019
8:45am – 4:30pm
Do you need to enhance your not-for-profit accounting skills? Through a casestudy- intense, highly interactive, classroom environment, this CPE course provides you with the tools necessary to go beyond the theory and create value-added services for your clients. This course allows you to examine, evaluate and perform case studies which will enhance your working knowledge of fundamental not-forprofit accounting and reporting, presentation requirements, note disclosures unique to not-for-profits and options allowed under generally accepted accounting principles. FASB's financial statement standard updates and revenue recognition standards are included in this course.
Auditors, practitioners and accounting and finance professionals of not-for-profit organizations
When you have completed this course, you should be able to:
- Identify major components of accounting and reporting in not-forprofit organizations.
- Recognize appropriate accounting for recording and recognizing contributions.
- Identify concepts related to valuation of contributed services and promises received near year-end.
- Financial statement presentation, including FASB's financial reporting standard
- Statement of activities
- Statement of financial position and statement of cash flow
- Note disclosures
- Contribution concepts
- Functional expense and allocation of costs
- Operating versus non-operating
- Split interest agreements and beneficial trusts
- Agency transactions
- Programmatic investments
- Common financial statement mistakes
Experience in the not-for-profit environment