Thursday, Nov 14, 2019
8:45am – 4:30pm
You can conquer the theoretical conundrums and compliance issues caused by the question of whether or not a business has nexus in a particular jurisdiction. Be the one to guide your client skillfully through the maze of multistate corporate tax codes. Rapidly develop a working knowledge of both multistate tax compliance and related planning opportunities. With the rate of change, you can't afford to be out-of-date with your knowledge of this critical tax area. Course materials will include the latest developments regarding the Wayfair decision.
This seminar qualifies for the Workforce Training Express Fund program. The course code for this program is 1121343. Click here for more details: https://www.mscpaonline.org/cpe/training_fund
Learning Objectives When you complete this course you will be able to:
- Describe the key principles of multistate taxation.
- Identify the implications of establishing nexus in various taxing jurisdictions.
- Analyze client operations and devise strategies that will minimize their client's overall sales and/or income tax liability.
- Recognize the impact recent judicial rulings in various states on client operations.
- Determine to what extent the state taxation of internet based transactions may impact current and future client activities.
- Constitutional limits and P.L. 86-272
- Nexus, UDITPA, MTC
- Calculation of state taxable income
- Filing methods for multistate taxpayers
- Apportionment and allocation
- Multistate income tax planning
- Audit defense strategies