Tuesday, Oct 22, 2019
8:45am – 4:30pm
Do you want to learn about the 2018 revision to Government Auditing Standards (GAGAS or GAS or the "Yellow Book")? This course is based on Government Auditing Standards, 2018 Revision, which is effective for financial audits of fiscal years ending on or after June 30, 2020. It provides an excellent baseline of information for accountants as it relates to understanding the guidance in the new Yellow Book. It also provides detailed information regarding auditor independence as found in Government Auditing Standards, 2018 Revision. It is essential that all auditors planning and conducting engagements in accordance with the new Yellow Book understand and be able to discern the requirements related to independence as found in Government Auditing Standards, 2018 Revision because those independence standards are effective for fiscal years beginning July 1, 2019.
This seminar qualifies for the Workforce Training Express Fund program. The course code for this program is 1121327 Click here for more details: https://www.mscpaonline.org/cpe/training_fund
Learning Objectives When you complete this course you will be able to:
- Identify the guidance found in Government Auditing Standards, 2018 Revision
- Recognize the relationship between GAS and other professional standards.
- Recognize the Yellow Book guidance regarding independence as found in Government Auditing Standards, 2018 Revision.
- Identify the new Yellow Book requirements for financial statement audits, attestation engagements, and performance audits.
- Foundation and principles for government auditing
- General requirements for complying with GAGAS
- Ethics, independence, and professional judgment
- Competence and CPE
- Quality control and peer review
- Standards for financial audits
- Standards for attestation and review engagements
- Fieldwork and reporting standards for performance audits