Thursday, Feb 1, 2018
1:00pm – 4:30pm
With the passage of the GOP tax bill by Congress on December 20, the long road to tax reform has brought us the largest overhaul to the tax code since 1986. The widespread changes effect many aspects of individual and business taxes, beginning in 2018, and your clients will be coming to you with a myriad of concerns and planning questions. Don't get caught off guard. This 4-hour seminar will get you up to speed on all of the critical aspects of the new law and prepare you to effectively advise both your individual and business clients.
Tax practitioners seeking to understand the new tax legislation and how it impacts their clients.
Understand and apply the categorical changes in the tax lat brought about by the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act.
Major Subjects include:
- Reduction in individual and corporate tax rates
- Taxation of pass-through entities
- Deduction of home mortgage interests
- State and local tax deductions
- New alimony rules
- Repeal of the new Obamacare individual mandate
- Standard deduction and itemized deductions
- Child tax credit
- Use of §529 accounts
- Survival of personal AMT and repeal of corporate AMT
- Estate and gift tax
- New limitations on business losses
- New depreciation rules and §179 expensing
- Business Interest
- Modification of NOL rules
- New credit for employer-paid family and medical leave
- Reparation of foreign funds
Experience with individual and business clients