Tuesday, Mar 2, 2021
2:00pm – 6:00pm
Essential Skills for Financial Leaders Conference The world is changing and you need to keep up to date to advance in your career. Come gain the insights of three financial veterans who will talk about the essential skills you need for the next 10 years.
Leaders Eat Last
Don Minges, The Knowledge Institute, LLC
Trust is essential, because without trust, there can be no teamwork. Trust is like oxygen, when it is gone - we suffocate. This session provides a 15-step action plan to gain commitment from your team members, build trust, hold each person accountable and create results for your organization.
Preparing for a CFO Role
John L. Daly, Executive Education, Inc.
Many accountants spend their early career trying to develop technical skills, yet a surprising proportion of public company Chief Financial Officers don't even have an accounting degree. What does it take to become a CFO and be successful once you get there? Whether you are early or late in your career, this session will provide valuable insights. Come hear stories of a real world CFO’s successes and failures.
Cash Management Essentials
Richard Karwic, The Knowledge Institute, LLC
Are you managing your cash, or is your cash managing you? Can you effectively project cash position a week, month or year from now? This seminar demonstrates cash management processes that will lead to productive days and restful nights.
Essential Skills for the Next 10 Years
Presented by: Don Minges, John L. Daly, & Richard Karwic
Join the day’s speakers for a free form, panel discussion about the skills that financial professionals will need in the next decade.
- Understand how effective leaders build trust
- Know how to best prepare yourself to become a CFO
- Learn tips that will help you project cash flow weeks, months or years into the future.
- Hear three financial veterans discuss the skills that will be necessary for the next 10 years.
- Why building trust is essential
- How trusting relationships makes us more effective
- Steps to build trust
- The surprising backgrounds of CFOs
- Non-technical skills you need to be a CFO
- How to improve your skills every day
- How to gain better control over cash flow
- Techniques to project sort terms cash flows
- Techniques for projecting cash beyond the next quarter
- Recent trends in financial management
- Insights from the COVID crisis
- Skills you’ll need for tomorrow