Monday, Oct 21, 2019 – Tuesday, Oct 22, 2019
11:30am – 7:00pm
This two-day, interactive workshop reviews the hottest accounting topics and recent changes in areas such as private company accounting, revenue recognition, going concern and other specialized subjects.
Refresh research skills and practice using codification. Case studies and real-life examples will help attendees readily apply information covered.
This course meets the specific California Board of Accountancy requirements that CPAs are required to meet for re-issuance of their license.
Note: As this is an interactive workshop, course materials must be brought to class and a laptop is preferred.
CPAs, accountants and financial professionals.
- Recognize ways to improve research skills.
- Identify recent changes to accounting standards.
- Identify common reporting & disclosure deficiencies.
- Determine how to enhance internal accounting documentation.
- Identify accounting research and accounting and disclosure requirements in areas such as presentation of accounting changes, Private Company Accounting Alternatives, fair value, impairment, revenue recognition, lease accounting and income taxes.
- Application of professional judgment
- Codification, GAAP and the GAAP hierarchy
- Recent changes in financial statement presentation & disclosure
- Hot Topics in financial reporting & accounting