Tuesday, Feb 13, 2018
2:00pm – 4:00pm
How does CPA fraud happen? Why do seemingly smart people make bad choices? More importantly, how did Chuck Gallagher, a Tax Partner in a CPA firm, commit a Ponzi scheme that went undetected for almost 4 years? Gallagher will explain the motivation behind his Ponzi scheme, the breakdown in his thinking, and what the firm could have done to stop him. He will also explain why fraud prevention programs that focus only on compliance and legal issues will fail. When you know better, why do it? Chuck succinctly explains what’s in the mind of the fraudster. This event may be a rebroadcast of a live event and the instructor will be available to answer your questions either during or after the event.
In this live video interview, Chuck Gallagher shares how he was his firm's David Duncan, the Andersen partner who shredded Enron work papers. He was every small firm's worst nightmare. This event may be a rebroadcast of a live event and the instructor will be available to answer your questions either during or after the event. NOTE FOR OHIO CPAS: The Accountancy Board of Ohio has approved this course for 2 hours of credit towards the required professional standards to renew your CPA license. It does NOT qualify for new licenses. Gary Zeune is an approved ethics instructor at www.acc.ohio.gov/CPE/PSR.aspx
Managing Partners, CPAs, internal auditors, Accountancy Board members, controllers, CFOs, attorneys, compliance officers, risk managers
Learn how Chuck Gallagher exposed the control weakness in every CPA firm and simple ways to maintain professional skepticism.
During this hard charging video interview, Gary Zeune, CPA will dig into 9 areas with Gallagher:
- Why a good partner went bad.
- The red flags his partners missed.
- Did his firm comply with Statement on Quality Control Standards?
- Did his partners meet the requirement to maintain professional skepticism of fellow partners?
- What was the punishment for his firm?
- How his Ponzi scheme affected the firm's growth, reputation, revenue and client retention and acquisition
- What was the `cost' - both monetary and non-monetary?
- Life as an ex-con ex-CPA
- What was the one question that would have stopped him cold (that you can use too)?
You may also be interested in:
Monday, Dec. 31st 2018 | 4.00 creditsView Details