Tuesday, Jan 2, 2018
9:00am – 5:00pm
This highly informative course responds to all of the latest tax law developments with a full update on changed requirements and a thorough discussion of the planning opportunities that you need to understand to help your clients respond effectively. You will come away from the course with the up-to-date knowledge you need to educate your individual tax clients and implement tax-saving ideas that will serve their ever-evolving needs -- especially in a year of significant tax law change.
All tax practit
- Understand strategies and tactics to use in light of tax rates
- Understand the most current guidance on retirement planning and Social Security
- Understand how to nail down valuable deductions and other reductions to the tax base
- Complete coverage of all the latest IRS rulings and procedures affecting individuals in general, along with an up-to-date summary of the most important tax court decisions and tax law changes
- Retirement plans: what is new?
- Social Security: where do we go from here?
- Tax on net investment income: will it survive? What to do now.
- Health care reform: where are we now? Where are we going?
- The latest ideas dealing with the tax aspects of investments; dealing with all the issues of the passive activity rules
- Identity theft: the latest issues and updates
- Retirement planning strategies: qualified plans and IRAs, traditional and Roth; resolving issues of improper early or late distributions and rollovers
- Practice aids, including inflation-adjusted amounts and some advance 2017 numbers, including mileage rates and more
- Year-end tax planning ideas
- Other late-breaking tax law changes, including post-election developments
Experience in individual tax planning