MSCPA Update Regarding COVID-19
Here at the MSCPA, we are aware that your experience as a student has changed abruptly and drastically in recent weeks while facing unprecedented uncertainty, and we are so proud of the ways you have adapted and continue to pursue your education!
The MSCPA is paying close attention to the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak. Please be assured that we remain committed to you during this time. We are monitoring this rapidly evolving situation and will update you with information that is relevant to you. Please visit CPAtrack.com for the latest updates.
How Does COVID-19 Affect Me as an Exam Candidate?
You can find answers to your questions regarding the following topics in an informational blog post from Roger CPA Review and the AICPA. Here are the highlights:
- CPA Exam Notice to Schedule (NTS):
- The Massachusetts Board of Public Accountancy has agreed to extend NTS for CPA candidates scheduled between April 1, 2020 and June 30, 2020 until September 30, 2020. We will share the official statement when it is released.
- The 18-Month Testing Window:
- NASBA has every intention of supporting CPA candidates during this difficult time. So, CPA Exam credit extensions will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please contact NASBA directly with questions.
- Prometric Testing Centers:
- Prometric currently anticipates re-opening their testing centers by April 15, however this is dependent on COVID-19 circumstances that are changing daily;
- Prometric is reaching out to all CPA candidates who had CPA Exams scheduled between April 1, 2020 and April 15, 2020 to reschedule, at no cost to the candidate; and
- CPA candidates will not have to pay rescheduling fees to Prometric during this time.
- Pass/fail courses for CPA Educational Requirement in Massachusetts:
- The Massachusetts State Board of Public Accountancy accepts pass/fail grades provided that they are listed on an official transcript from an accredited school and that credit hours received for the course will be listed as well.
Now Open - CPA Exam Review Course Auction
Are you planning to sit for the CPA Exam? Save big on popular CPA Exam Review Courses by placing a bid in our auction! All proceeds will go towards the MSCPA Educational Foundation. Click on the links below to learn more about each review course:
Starting bids will be listed for less than half of their retail value!
all bids are binding. If you win an item, you will be required to submit payment which is non-refundable.
The auction will close on April 17, 2020 at 11:45 p.m.
PLACE YOUR BID TODAY
"Your Next Step" Career Workshop Pre-Recorded Webinar to Come
Due to recent events, we will be providing you with a pre-recorded "Your Next Step" career webinar to learn about what to expect in a career as a CPA and how to navigate your path to set yourself up for success. You will have the chance to hear three unique perspectives from CPAs, young professionals and HR professionals. We'll provide you with helpful information for your career journey that can be viewed at a convenient time for you.
No registration or live participation will be required. Stay tuned!
If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact us directly. We are here to help!