"Your Next Step" Career Workshop Live Webinar (5/13)
Please join us on Wednesday, May 13 from 5:00 – 6:15 p.m. to learn more about your next step! In this FREE live webinar, you will learn about what to expect in a career as a CPA and how to navigate your path to set yourself up for success. You will hear three unique perspectives from CPAs, young professionals and PwC human resources representatives, who will help prepare you to move forward, no matter where you are in your academic journey. Attendees will also participate in a live Q&A at the
conclusion of the webinar.
Who should attend?
This event is open to all undergraduate and graduate college students.
How will I access the webinar?
A link granting you access to the webinar will be sent to all registrants prior to the virtual event.
NASBA: Continuous Testing for CPA Exam Candidates
NASBA has announced that they will begin continuous testing for CPA Exam candidates starting on July 1. There will no longer be testing windows and restrictions on when the Exam can be taken. Candidates will be able to sit for the Exam year-round, other than waiting to receive scores from prior attempts of the same section or when there is a major change to the Exam. We will make a formal announcement when this change goes into effect in Massachusetts.
Coronavirus and Forbearance Information for Students, Borrowers and Parents
In March, the President signed the Coronavirus Aid, Relief and Economic Security (CARES) Act into law, which, among other things, provides broad relief for federal student loan borrowers. If you have any questions regarding financial aid or student loans, click here.
How Does COVID-19 Affect Me as an Exam Candidate?
- CPA Exam Notice to Schedule (NTS):
- The Massachusetts Board of Public Accountancy has agreed to extend NTS for CPA candidates scheduled between April 1, 2020 and June 30, 2020 until September 30, 2020. We will share the official statement when it is released.
- The 18-Month Testing Window:
- NASBA has every intention of supporting CPA candidates during this difficult time. CPA Exam credit extensions will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please contact NASBA directly with questions.
- Prometric Testing Centers:
- Prometric has decided to extend the closure of test centers in the U.S. until May 31. If your Exam appointment is impacted by these closure extensions, you will receive an email notification informing you that your appointment has been cancelled, and instructions for how to reschedule for a future date.
- Pass/fail courses for CPA Educational Requirement in Massachusetts:
- The Massachusetts State Board of Public Accountancy accepts pass/fail grades provided that they are listed on an official transcript from an accredited school and that credit hours received for the course will be listed as well.
The MSCPA is Here to Help!
These are unsettling times and our world as we know it has been put on hold, throwing us into a new normal. Now, more than ever, we must support one another and come together as a community. We are here for you as we navigate these uncharted waters and will get through this difficult time together. Please show your support by taking a photo holding up a sign with the hashtag
to send to Brendan Sullivan for us to share on our social media platforms.
MSCPA Coronavirus Resource Center
The MSCPA is closely monitoring COVID-19 developments. Please visit our Coronavirus Resource Center on our website for coronavirus information and resource links. Please check back often as we will be updating this page when new information is available. LEARN MORE
If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact us directly. We are here to help!